Hiring a reliable commercial snow removal company is essential for ensuring the safety and accessibility of your property during the winter months. Here are four key things to look for when evaluating a snow removal company’s service contract:
– Before anything else, ensure that the snow removal company is adequately insured. This includes liability coverage and Workman’s compensation. In case of accidents, damage, or injuries during the snow removal process, insurance will provide the necessary coverage and protection.
– Ask the contractor to provide documentation of their insurance policies, and don’t hesitate to verify the authenticity of these policies.
Scope of Service:
– Understand the scope of services offered by the snow removal company. The contract should clearly specify what they will do, and where they will do it.
– Common services to inquire about include full facility clearage, pathway and sidewalk clearing, parking lot clearing, and whether entrances are included in their service. Ensure that the contract is specific about the areas they will cover.
– Find out what de-icing materials they plan to use on different surfaces. Ensure that the de-icers they use are appropriate for your specific property, taking into account environmental concerns and the presence of sensitive areas or wildlife.
– Prompt snow removal is crucial, so check the contract for response time commitments. A professional snow removal company should be able to respond within two to three hours following a snowfall.
– Delays in snow removal can lead to various issues, including property damage, accidents, and disruption to your business operations. Make sure the company is committed to timely service.
– Effective communication is essential in any service-oriented business. Evaluate how well the snow removal company communicates with you during the initial inquiry stage. Are they friendly and helpful? Do they respond to your queries promptly?
– Good communication is a sign of professionalism and a commitment to customer satisfaction. If they are difficult to reach or unresponsive when you’re trying to hire them, it may be an indicator of their communication practices during the contract period.
In addition to these four key considerations, it’s also a good idea to request references from the snow removal company and check their track record. Speaking to other property owners or businesses who have used their services can provide valuable insights into their reliability and performance.
By paying attention to these crucial elements in the service contract and thoroughly vetting the commercial snow removal company, you can ensure that you’re making an informed choice that will help keep your property safe and accessible during the winter season.
Hiring a reliable commercial snow removal company starts here. Call 416 856 2224