There are so many commercial landscaping companies out there and others also coming up, so as a property owner how do you make the right choice? Well, there’s no need to be confused because this article is going to break down the necessities for you.
Ensure that they offer the services you require
Landscaping is a general term that covers other several things. There is always this common misconception that commercial landscapers offer similar services but that is not the case it is therefore important to get a list of the services each company provides so that you can shake it up with what you have on your checklist.
Common services offered by commercial landscapers
- Landscape construction. This includes planting, water feature installation, turf installation, hydroseeding, hardscapes, drainage retaining walls, erosion control and amenity installation for the outdoors.
- Landscape maintenance. This includes trimming and pruning, mowing, edging, weeding, seasonal color among others.
- Landscape design. This shows that they conduct site evaluations and use the results to create what the client’s desire or even enhance they are marketing areas.
- Snow and ice management. This involves plowing, sidewalk clearing, and ice melt application
- Irrigation and lighting. This involves installing, maintaining, repairing or upgrading for efficient use of water and light.
Do they offer sustainable practices
Your landscape is not going to become an overnight success that is especially true for those commercial landscapes that need a lot of work. You, therefore, need to employ a company that will provide you with the services to help you grow your landscape into a sustainable one. Sustainability is measured from the word go because everything that goes into your landscape determines how long it will last. The final product should be cost-effective, energy efficient and water-saving in short,it should be environmentally friendly. You should, therefore, choose a landscaping company that has sustainability at the core of everything they do from the materials and the plants they use to management of water on your side. To help you measure their sustainability you can ask the following questions:
- Where do they purchase materials and other supplies?
- Do they use native plants?
- is there any other thing that can be done to save money and even resources?
- Do they recycle?
- what programs do they offer to ensure energy and water efficiency?
What are the company qualifications
Don’t just take their word go and do your own research because this will save you from unnecessary headaches. check the company’s website ask for references and even talk to your colleagues or friends make a call to their customer support or even visit areas that they have worked on. The following questions should help you quantify the level of professionalism that the contractor and their team offer.
- Do they have company certifications and proper licensing?
- Is there legal documentation to back up their qualifications?
- What industry qualifications do they have?
- Are they insured and for what amount plus is there any documentation?
- do they have the appropriate equipment and manpower to handle your task?
- Are they a full package or do they subcontract certain services?
These tips should help you come to a good conclusion on who to work with so that your landscape does not only look good but he’s worked on in good time and budget.